Terrain Editor popping up during testing or opening up Roblox Studio

Just 2 ~ 3 hours ago, I was introduced with the Terrain Editor properties tab or section being opened when I was going to work on a project of mine and testing out some scripts of mine when the Terrain Editor properties kept popping up right in front of my screen.

I don’t have the Terrain Editor being in my properties tab at default at all, and I never seen this happen yesterday or in the morning.

Not too much of a description, but it’s just the properties tab opening by itself during testing or opening up studio but it happens inside Roblox Studio with any place or game.

When did this start you ask? It started a couple of hours ago and got tired of it a couple of minutes ago with the Terrain Editor being “buggy” in my properties section(s).

Videos/Images of this bug:

How to reproduce:

1. Open up studio and select a game.
  2. Test the game or else, it’ll show up whenever entering a place.
  3. It’ll show the Terrain Editor section/properties during testing/opening.

If Specs’ are included for this bug:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz

I’m on Studio Version 0.448.0.11244 on an Acer laptop and a Windows laptop with the Acer, hope this isn’t intended as it’s starting to annoy me so much.

13 Likes

Here, the same problem started happening today, but every time I open ANY project, even new projects:

1 Like

I also have this bug. The Terrain Tools plugin always appears when I open a place even if I have closed it previously.

This bug is caused by FFlagTerrainToolsUseDevFramework.
As you can see, it was turned on about 16 hours ago.

3 Likes

To the Roblox engineer that sees this, I recommend using the DockWidget.lua Roact component from the DevFramework rather than doing all the DockWidget logic manually in the main.lua file. It will prevent weird bugs like this from happening.
See Framework/StudioUI/DockWidget.lua.
If you need more help, PM me, I was the one who wrote that file.

2 Likes

This is happening to a few other developers (that I know of) and myself as well.

Really irritating honestly.

2 Likes

I just straight-up deleted the plugin files (along with the UI editor, which we still can’t properly toggle in 2020) from my installation and it fixed the problem.

I removed all my plugins, my folder C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Roblox\Plugins is empty, but the problem remains the same…

I got a workaround by docking the Terrain Editor window close to the Explorer Window:

1 Like

You need to remove it from BuiltInPlugins. https://i.imgur.com/UszSueH.png

2 Likes

Looks like Roblox engineers/admins have fixed this bug/issue! Now I can’t see the Terrain Editor pop-up whenever I open up a new place, current place, or test inside Roblox Studio for specific reasons, great that this is fixed a ton.

Thanks to everyone who’ve replied and added some information to the thread, appreciated a lot for this bug to be fixed!

EDIT: Looks like the bug is still relevant at the moment with the replies below me, I’ve had this issue again in some situations.

3 Likes

This issue is still happening for me when I run a play test with a studio build that was just updated minutes ago (to version 0.452.1.412846).

2 Likes

Yep, this problem is still happening.

The problem started to happen again.
Since I don’t use Terrain Editor, I removed it from C:\Program Files (x86)\Roblox\Versions\version-a2a7b47305c14147\BuiltInPlugins

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue.

2 Likes

It’s been awhile since it has happened to me but I don’t know if that means it’s fixed for everyone or not.

Thanks for the info, when there is an update i will pass it on.

1 Like

The engineers could not reproduce this issue. If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.