Terrain Fill Option

As a Roblox developer, it’s to hard to fill in big terrain spaces one-by-one. I have a great suggestion, that may help a bunch of people. Adding a fill option in the terrain editor. In other words:

39%20PM

Not that good of an artist, I know. This option would allow you to select the material you want to fill. In order for this to work. You would be able to places squares for the corners. Then, a line would connect all the squares, showing the area that will be filled. Then the selected shape would fill. An example of what I mean:

This also differs from the regions tool. Regions only works will a square/rectangle. It also could be annoying at times

Parts tend to stick out. With the fill to, you select the corners and then it fills. The pros about it would be that it could be any shape, while regions is only a rectangle. In addition, the tool option wouldn’t leave any parts sticking out.
as for 3D planes, Well, when making a 3D plane. There would be selectable corners for the shape’s Length, Width, and Height
[
Image result for 3d box

Each corner would be one you could select. As I showed before with the 2D plane. This would work with irregular objects as well.

I honestly think this feature would he a huge time saver! What do you guys think?

17 Likes

I would agree with you, fill buckets on terrain would be nice.

I think there’s a script roblox made for an example on the developer hub for filling in ponds in the terrain by clicking. Perhaps you could modify this to get a similar result?

2 Likes

I would like to bump this topic as it seems very important to terrain creators and game developers that have terrain inside their game.

Having a fill option inside studio for terrain is a great idea and feature for terrain creators and much easier to have a certain material fill an area inside a certain area that has many holes or pieces that need to be filled with either a liquid or solid material. A fill bucket tool for terrain and maybe parts would actually be a great way to optimize time for terrain like you have up there as an example with the select tool as it cuts through the original terrain of the given area that you need to fill.

Anyway, having a bucket tool is more efficient than spending time eroding and growing certain areas of the given area that you need to fill which might take more than 10-12 minutes, which with the fill bucket can take up to seconds!

In the end, I support this feature 100%! :+1: