Terrain Grass Help

Hi, I am working on a project and I need to have different types of “areas” so to say. In parts of the map it will be more desert based with yellow grass like the image attached, but in other areas it will need to be green grass. Is there any to have two different areas with two different colors of grass? (Obviously the same game). I can’t make two separate places since this is a round based game, I have no idea how to do this if it is even possible at all (two colors for one type of thing). The only reason I am trying to use grass is for the decoration. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, xPro_Do

2 Likes

If you do want the 3D grass decoration, try:

1. Using the “grass” material for one map and using the “leafy grass” material for the other.

2. Putting in custom grass that looks similar and acts similar to terrain grass.

It isn’t possible at the moment to have two different colors of grass in two different areas. This really should be a feature, though.

Hope this helped-

EDIT: I just posted a feature request on this:

I am trying to get it to be actual decoration’s grass, as it moves a little and give it more life.

2 Likes

I do not know, but I am thinking about this idea, can the color of the grass be changed On Player side not the server
For example, if the player enters the forest, the color of the grass changes to the green color of the player Side , and if he moves to the desert, it becomes again yellow, this is all only On lockal script

1 Like