Terrain LoD breaks after toggling Terrain decorations

robloxapp-20200326-2243486.wmv (6.1 MB)

My terrain is completely broken in this game after I switched on decorations. When I activated decorations the only type of terrain that was in was mud. Now, everything appears to be broken. Immediately after seeing what happened I turned it back off. It’s now permanently glitched. Any idea’s on what has happened or what I can do to fix this problem?

1 Like

have you attempted ctrl z ?
the game should by defaut save your steps i belive.

I don’t think you can revert terrain. I’ve tried undo’ing this and the terrain is unaffected.

1 Like

You can revert terrain if you were using terrain tools, that much I know. Not sure why undoing the setting wont revert back to how it was. Hopefully it’s just a visual/render glitch, have you tried reopening the place? (with the setting that caused this disabled of course)

1 Like

This is not an issue with his game or his terrain. This is happening on all places.

Yeah something funky going on here. Affecting our Jailbreak files.

Happens with it on or off. Just toggling will begin. Too scared to find out what happens if I save.

13 Likes

Turning the property on seems to default your immediate area to the lowest possible Terrain LoD and anything else far away loads in semi-normally as you get closer. Turning it off just hopelessly breaks LoD completely.

Nothing bad seems to happen if you save.

1 Like

Just tried this and can confirm that the decoration messes with the LoD.

However saving, closing Studio, and reloading, seemed to fix any issue with it.

This is a temporary workaround until the issue is fixed.

It’s still worth noting it as a bug though, since I can imagine this gets annoying haha.

Hi all,

this is side effect of streaming improvements I did. Dont’ worry about your place files! This is only about visual representation.

I’m doing some quick tests. And might turn this off. Just wanted to let you know that I’m investigating and that you don’t have to worry about your files being corrupted.

2 Likes

This is fixed now. The changes causing this were turned off. You can safely work on your projects. Sorry for scaring you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still experiencing this, I have updated my studio and everything.
edit, problem solved.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.