Terrain Looks Blocky

Hey everyone,

I’ve been working on a new game for the past few days, and development has been going really well. I noticed that my terrain looks a little blocky near the transition from grass to sand. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t think thats possible if you paint it. Maybe if you use “Add” it would work

1 Like

Paint the terrain using the circle shape instead of the square shape.

3 Likes

Yeah, what was previously said should work to touch up the grass spots around, sand looks fine.

I could perhaps also suggest to change the increment on the paint size as well to affect a different way in terrain editor tab.

1 Like

Hi, I have some ideas for you.

• Consider using a height map to make things less blocky and uneven.
  • Use some trees to make the landscape seem more diverse.
  • In terrain tools I’d recommend using the paint/grow tool to paint over different areas of the terrain and to uneven some areas creating a sort of barricade in places.
  • Lastly, as others have said using the circle and square shape to grow and add terrain could be an idea.

Good luck.

1 Like

The best way to do it is to create some kind of height diversity between the grass and the sand, that way it looks less flat, also try adding another material such as mud or ground in between to make it seem less sharp.

1 Like

You can use the smoothing tool, also try adjusting it so its the smallest size able to adjust your terrain. You can also try block terrains, it may take a little bit of practice and time at first, although it always comes out as a great result if you put the time into it.

1 Like