Terrain Not Loading for Some Users

Issue Type: Display
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-03-16 12:03:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-03-16 13:03:00 (-04:00)

Reproduction Steps:
This issue happens in game for some users at my game here Chicago 1949 - Roblox

Expected Behavior:
Terrain should load normally for all users. Without terrain, many games are completely broken.

Actual Behavior:
Terrain only loads for some users. In this video you can see one player is swimming because there is supposed to be terrain water here, while for two others, the terrain is missing. I do not modify terrain voxels with any scripts in my game. Upon rejoining, the user who could see the terrain can no longer see the terrain.

https://puu.sh/HpHN1/ca6b98a9bd.mp4

Workaround:

13 Likes

Can confirm that this issue is also occurring for some users playing Area-02.

yep happening in 02 and other games like mine

Can’t re-produce in Jailbreak (even after re-joining)

Can confirm this is happening in my game, I would deem this a very critical error.

1 Like

I am having the same thing in my game. The majority of our players in Kingdom Life II are having this issue and falling through the map and dying.

This has completely destroyed our concurrent. Please fix this.

Edit: This issue has now been fixed. Huge thanks to the engineers that resolved this so quickly.

3 Likes

This is also happening to our game Pinewood Computer Core.

There seem to be a few bugged servers as Terrain still loads for some players while not for some.
(Both photos were taken in the same server)

This does not seem to be happening in brand new servers, as I was unable to reproduce this in a new VIP server, but I am unsure of the cause and am actively investigating it on my end.

Any other news or information would be greatly helpful, as this is a rather large problem.

I’d like to mention a few things as well;

1. There are no collisions where the Terrain should be when it does not load.
  2. The player who can still see the terrain has the correct collision boxes for the Terrain.
1 Like

This is now fixed. Staff sent me a DM asking to check it and I can confirm that it is no longer happening to users if they rejoin the game.

7 Likes

This is still happening to me for some odd reason. I rejoined but still have the issue.
[EDIT] It seems like that was an old server for some reason. It is fixed now.

Pictures

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.