Terrain disappearing/deleting

Hello,
I have recently encountered a big problem while using Roblox’s smooth terrain.
It seems like there is something going on while studio is closed because whenever I open back the place random parts of the map with terrain get deleted for some reason.

Things like these start to show up and it is very frustating the fact that I have to rebuild things again.

I have already looked up for any similar cases on the forum but the only one which seemed similar was a bug report which apparently was fixed.

So what I did find was very surprising. Studio seems to delete terrain only where parts are touching the terrain or are inside of it. I have found this perfect example on a small bush that was laying inside of the terrain and it simply made a big hole where the plant was standing:

Same happened with another bush, in this case it just made a hole on the surface for some reason.

I am using a plugin which removes grass colliding with parts by painting the terrain into leafy grass so that the grass does not pop up through them. Here is the link to it
However I do not think it is responsible of this problem, but I will let you know just in case.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Bug Report from 2020 was found (exact same problem)

4 Likes

Have you tried disabling that plugin? The issue likely has nothing to do with Roblox because of how specific this issue is to parts and terrain, both of which have no code to handle interaction in any way.

1 Like

I will try to do that, although it does not seem to be causing the problem, it is a safe plugin which was made with a script from the dev forum and hasn’t got any kind of deletion function on it.

1 Like

Hello. This is very likely a result of the plugin you are using, as the link you gave seem to refer to rendering issues with smooth terrain. However, the issue you are experiencing do not appear to be a result of rendering.

If you believe that a plugin is not working it would be best to disable it from the “Manage Plugins” window.

Hello, I’ve recently disabled that pluging and as far as I’m aware I haven’t seen any other changes on the terrain. I believe some of the code might be wrong on it.
However, since removing grass from parts is a very important task I need I’ve changed to this other plugin which seems better and less buggy, let’s see if everything goes well. Plugin link: Decorate+ || Plugin for Terrain Material Replacement Under A Part

1 Like

Hope it works well! If you are still experiencing issues it would be best to create a topic to report the issue to the engineers.

1 Like

It is once back again. The bug has completely destroyed the map now. I had worked on fixing everything for more than 2 weeks, and it just came back and deleted all my progress. This has gone out of hand, I need solutions NOW.

Well, while its not fixed you should use a older version of the map and disable that plugin

1 Like

That’s what I’m doing right now, let’s hope it helps.

1 Like

I was just scrolling down the dev forum when I came across this post.

This is exactly the same problem I am experiencing and it seems like it hasn’t been fixed yet.

wow, this report was made in 2020, but still not fixed, that’s sad :/.