Terrain Studio won't work no matter what I do!

Hello everyone! Hope you are well.

I recently seem to have run into an issue regarding the terrain editor. Whether it is a glitch or simply my PC acting up, I do not know. The problem is that no matter what I do, the terrain editor will not… edit. While other functions work, sculpt, smooth, paint, and flatten do not. I’ve tried everything in the menu to fix this issue, whether it’s tuning the strength or plane lock, but nothing worked.

Then I deleted studio and re-installed it. Still, the issue remains. I even reset the studio settings and yet the issue is still present. I have done everything I could think of to solve this issue, and so I’m here today because maybe someone might know how to solve this issue. I’ve added some examples of what is happening below.

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

I’m also experiencing this issue so that rules out a PC issue. I really hope it gets fixed because I can’t work on my game

1 Like

After some messing around I was able to fix the issue by disabling the Terrain Editor update in beta features, the old UI still works well

3 Likes

Oh my god thank you so much!! You don’t know how much this bothered me but it’s fixed! Thank you so much, you are a godsend.

1 Like

This should not be happening, even with the Terrain Editor Beta on. Are you getting any errors in the console? Does this issue happen all the time? Does it work if you restart Studio? We are working through any and all issues related to the Beta and want to make sure we catch everything before doing a full release at which point the old Terrain Editor will no longer be available.

I reenabled the beta, but am no longer experiencing any issues. Before that no errors were thrown when the terrain editor didn’t work. Before toggling the beta, this issue was persistent and still remained even after restarting my computer and completely reinstalling studio.

Interesting, please let me know if this problem shows up again!

1 Like

Hey, yeah it didn’t work no matter what I did. I restarted both the studio and my PC several times, wiped all the plugins, wiped any custom settings, and no matter what I tried nothing worked but disabling the new UI.

I’m sorry to hear that this issue was difficult to resolve and required disabling the feature. I’ll look into the original issue, but would need to know if there was an error in the output console.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.