Terrain textures glitching from long distances

Howdy ~
I’m having this strange bug in studio where, when terrain is viewed from afar, the texture changes. The mountains are completely rock, yet when viewed from a few thousand studs away (10k+), they change to ground. Any help appreciated.
Also, the water has some weird rendering lines that I can’t seem to get rid of.

GIF of terrain changing when you get closer/further: https://gyazo.com/f71f6866c4f8ac944d82df770f8dc12d

1 Like

This is because of the way roblox renders terrain, the further away you are the less detail the terrain has. I can’t really think of any way you can improve this other than moving everything closer.
Best of luck finding a solution!

1 Like

This is an average thing for ROBLOX. It’s the way it renders terrain to reduce lag, and it reduces the detail, making it look choppy and messed up like it is.

1 Like

Did you first use ground and then paint over the rock material? Becuase of the way Roblox renders terrain at a distance, it mushes it in together to lower it’s detail lever and the strain it puts on a GPU.

A quick solution would be to make sure that the entire mountain used the Rock material, and that it’s not just painted on the surface.

If this doesn’t fix it, then I recommend firing a Bug Report.