TERRAIN to PART (How to do it?)

I need help finding or make a plugin that would actually terrain to part, I need help doing this because I need it for my future games ASAP, If you have any info please tell me.

Examples that I found:

4 Likes

You mean convert a Part to a Terrain or
Convert Terrain in to a Part?
or an image in to a terrain?

and what in that in the picture a part or a terrain?

1 Like

Convert Terrain in to a Part.

I found a game that has a terrain generated like this (Not auto, but from the earth itself)

And I was wondering if there’s any plugin that would change terrain to a part.

2 Likes

you could code your own terrain generator using perlin noise.
Heres a very basic code I wrote:

local Xs = math.random(100,200) --Size X–
local Zs = math.random(100,200) – Size Y–
local Resolution = 200 --If You Decrease it You’ll get sharper terrain–
local Amplitude = 100 --Perlin Noise Is Like A Wave, If You Increase Amplitude Terrain Will Be Taller–
local Seed = math.random(100000000,200000000) --Random Number For Random Terrain Every Time–

for x = 1,Xs,5 do --5 is the number in which the count will increase–
for z = 1,Zs,5 do
local noise = math.noise(x/Resolution, z/Resolution, Seed) * Amplitude
local part = Instance.new(“Part”)
part.Size = Vector3.new(5,100,5) --Size Is Equals To The Number In Which The Count Will Increase–
part.Position = Vector3.new(x,noise,z)
part.Anchored = true
part.Parent = workspace
–Consider adding a hearbeat wait when working with large chunks–
end
end

1 Like

If you want to convert Roblox Voxel terrain into a top down view map made out of parts that represent the Voxel terrains color and height, then you can theoretically do this by casting a ray downwards from a large height and then using the data from the ray (hit position, hit material) to create a new part somewhere to represent that piece of Voxel Terrain as a part.

Do thousands of these raycasts in a grid and you’ll get a part map that represents the voxel terrain.

If you just want to convert a piece of voxel terrain directly into a part, that’s not possible as far as I know.

If you want to convert earth’s real geographical data into roblox terrain, the process would be similar but way more complicated because it will require using external tools,

I hope this helped.
Good luck.

I wanted to do something like this, I can confirm this map is 100% generated from the real world.

I was wondering how this kind of generation is possible.

you just have to mess around with noises, I created an oscilatory amplitude perlin noise terrain system so ye you just have to mess around and add crazy things