Terrain Tool Beta: QOL Improvements

That, and we need to make unanchored parts react with waves, agree?

7 Likes

Do you mean a built-in dynamic buoyancy system? That’d be a great addition as well.

7 Likes

Investigating the smooth tool is on our list. Shorelines (water blending) are also on the list. I’m going to hold off any comments about timing, just because we won’t know how hard the fixes are until we investigate, and we have some other, higher-priority things happening.

12 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We have some things planned I think you will like.

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be sure to use that if I ever need to “build a boat” (haha) in future. But why can’t you use 1 transparency?

1 Like

They are already doing this, it’s in a separate build rn though. But what would be amazing is adding custom materials via Materials Service, which has been requested recently. I hope someday we’ll see that day when we can upload our own materials.

1 Like

Because that would make it I completely invisible, which would remove the glass effect entirely.

4 Likes

I remember when the terrain tool was so simple a 5 year old could do it. but at least we can do a lot of stuff that was originally too advanced for the terrain tool back then.

1 Like

The boat stuff would be pretty cool, but wouldn’t that mean water would need to be revamped overall?

1 Like

I’d assume so but water is in a much needed revamp. It currently Lacks tons of much needed features

4 Likes

I wish we could enable a quality 11 option where the terrain would get twice the resolution :flushed:

1 Like

The water blending sounds amazing. I really can’t wait for that!

2 Likes

I’m hoping there going to be improvement water reflection something like this.

17 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, How? Also, I love your other work. You inspired me to try to learn 3D modeling to recreate stuff like this.

2 Likes

Can we just please get ssr holy moly theyr beautiful. Personally tho i think the water reflections are fine, blending is a huge issue. It would be sick to get a shoreline etc, something like fortnites terrain where theres sand and smooth blending.

1 Like

We will never know. I don’t think he makes tutorials. :weary:

I have a question. I have heard that we will soon be able to make our own terrain textures. Is this is true?

2 Likes

Yeah. His builds are one of the main things that got me developing. I saw that on my PC, and realized that I needed to do something like that.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he just abuses Blender and PBR textures to get realistic stuff. Lol

1 Like

Most likely. I’m just too lazy to make my own PBR textures, let alone learn how.

3 Likes