Terrain Tool Dysfunctional - 2024

Hi, been experiencing this error for approx. 2-3 days with studio terrain tools (i.e. draw, sculpt, smoothen, paint, etc.), not working at all.

Video of the bug/error below:

Watch m4.199 | Streamable - If file size too large

Initial Error: Occured with some conflicting plugins/terrain editor plugins which I have disabled to mitigate the problem.

Regardless of adjusting brush size of each tool, adjusting strength, adjusting pivo position, snapping, etc., nothing seems to work or help fix the issue.

So far I have tried the following:

• Restarting my device several times
  • Uninstalling → restarting → reopening
  • Disabling all plugins I have related to terrain customization
  • Disabling any terrain updates in studio beta features
  • Testing on separate places in which the bug did not occur initially (still did not work)

If there is any solution to the problem, please let me know below.

9 Likes

I am having the same issue. A few weeks ago I was able to fix this by disabling the beta feature of terrain but the beta feature is not anymore there.

4 Likes

I just started having the same problem and cannot fix it. Have you found any solutions yet?

4 Likes

Same issues with us. Terrain editor not working at all

3 Likes

I’ve tried this but doesn’t work for me, is there anything else you did to get it working again?

3 Likes

You should message @Bug-Support with more information. They can file a report on your behalf so an engineer can look into it.

1 Like

Thanks for sending this, I’ll send a message and see what they can do to help

2 Likes

Thats really weird, someone was encountering a similar issue a while ago, and the solution is in this thread: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/re-terrain-studio-wont-work-no-matter-what-i-do/3046540/24

TLDR: Go to the manual plane lock mode and make sure that you hit the apply button. A fix that prevents this problem from happening at all is in the works.

If this is not the solution, please send me your output log if there is one. If there is not output in the console, I can move this conversation to a DM to further diagnose your issue.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the help, it works now!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.