Terrain Tools Not Colliding With Parts Problem

Apparently I’ve just found a terrain tool bug, where any of my terrain tools are not colliding with the parts in Studio.

It is constantly locked to the workspace bottom. As shown in the pictures:

If I try to hover my mouse to the top of the part, the sphere that creates the terrain is inside of it. It’s still at the bottom of the workspace.

I’ve tried to fix this problem, but unfortunately I haven’t came up with the solution yet.

What I have tried:

• Rejoining Studio.
  • Changing the pivot position of the terrain tools.
  • Sizing the terrain tool.
  • Locking and unlocking the part.

It seems like my tools are ignoring my part and constantly locked to the bottom of the workspace.

If anyone has found a solution to this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for reading,

DevAwesomely

4 Likes

So from my perspective it seems like you’re currently having issues with the terrain tool. For me I have encounter this type of situation but I don’t quite understand. But I do have a plug-in that could possibly help you, it’s called “Part to Terrain” for a short summary you can position your block at any angle & height and select your desire terrain option you would like to turn that block you’ve selected into, for example you can pick between a variety of options such as grass, water, rock, etc I hope that helped you somewhat. When I encounter that problem I actually had to position the camera angle in a weird angle with terrain in order to do what you’re typing to achieve, but I believe this plugin will make your job easier and maybe enable terrain lock I think is what’s it called, it might work!

• Plug-in: Part to Terrain - Roblox

Please Note
The terrain loads in 2 studs above I believe so if you would like a proper level, I recommend bring the block down you want 2 studs down before converting block —> terrain

This is not a bug. About a bit over a month ago the tools were changed so they only collide with the Baseplate of a place or Terrain. If you want it to collide with that part, you need to name it Baseplate and rename any other parts named Baseplate. For more details you can read the comments of this thread.

1 Like

Looks like this solves it!

I just couldn’t find any topic about the “update” regarding the terrain tools. Thanks!