Terrain Water Direction Option (X,Y,Z)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible (to my knowledge) to change the direction terrain water flows. I’m currently developing a Niagara Falls showcase and was too ignorant to pay attention to the way the water was flowing when I was making it, and now I have waterfalls that are going up (instead of down). Also, the river is running away from the cusp of the falls, but it should be going towards the cusp. I’m not too sure if anyone else has this complaint or if anyone else has suggested it, but I feel it would improve the overall look of the game instead of changing WaterWaveSpeed to a low enough speed where it still is moving but it doesn’t show a direction easily.

18 Likes

For anyone who was going to suggest adjusting Terrain.WaterWaveSpeed to a negative number, it is clamped to a minimum of 0.

1 Like

If you want this to happen in live clients as well and not just Studio, please move it to Client Features instead of Studio Features.

2 Likes

I think this would be a really neat feature and would help with the flow of aesthetics in some games.

3 Likes

I fully support this.

Parts should also be affected by water instead of just floating on the top.

3 Likes

We used to have it in the OG terrain water

4 Likes

Yeah, having some features from the OG water would be amazing. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s also a few bugs with the smooth water where the water on the edges of terrain will make a sharp turn upwards that looks unnatural.