Test Functions That Are Called After Last Player Leaves Game Inside Play Solo!

Hello everybody!

Disclaimer

• This tutorial is very short, but I found it very useful. I’m not sure if I have choosen the great channel for this, but here it is!

• Please don’t blame me if I have chosen a wrong category and just inform me about that, I’ve been thinking about posting this into the #resources:community-resources, but I decided to put it here as it’s closer to a tutorial than a resource.

• This is my very first topic on this forum, so don’t except it to be super neat.

• English is not my primary language, so I’m sorry about any mistakes that I make!

• This is a very beginner friendly tutorial.

• If I have done anything incorrectly, then just let me know, so I can fix it as soon as possible!

What is this tutorial about + why have I created it?

What is this tutorial about?

• In this tutorial I would like to inform you about a way how to test functions that are called by event Players.PlayerRemoving. I think this is a good thing to make a topic about because I found that a lot of people find testing things such as DataStores impossible to test inside of a Roblox Studio Play Solo feature.

• This tutorial is basically just talking about a way how to kick yourself from a Play Solo session in order to let your scripts finish their job.

1. Launch the Play Solo session.

First thing what to do if you would like to achieve any of the things in the title will be to launch the Play Solo session. I think everybody can do this, but I'll include a picture anyways.

2. Do the things that are required to do before leaving the game.

This step is all about you. If you would be testing something like a saving money system, then you would have to affect your value of money. I hope you get the point of this step.

3. The part where you would normally leave the game.

After you have done the step 2, you will have to actually kick yourself out of the game. This is a really easy thing to do. Just type the following into the Command Bar:
game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer:Kick()
What is the Command Bar?

The Command Bar is just a simple bar that is used to execute commands inside of a studio.
This is how it looks:

How to enable the Command Bar?

This is really simple! Just go into the View tab inside of Roblox Studio and there enable the Command Bar!

A picture of where is the View tab located

4. I got kicked! What now?

If you got kicked out of the game, then you have done everything correctly. You can give a second for the scripts you are testing to run. After you have waited some time (depends which scripts are you testing, if there aren't any wait()s in your script then you should wait something around 2 seconds or less) you are good to check what did you get in the output. If everything seems correct, then your test should've gone properly. If not, then you should look at the issue and fix it. Also please remember you are testing this in a Studio, so you might have to allow required things in the Game Settings Security tab.
Where are the Game Settings located?

And that is all!

Thank you for reading!
I hope this tutorial can actually help somebody on developing tour.

I wish you a beautiful rest of your day and good luck with developing your games!

• MegeBorecYT
3 Likes

You can just use a BindToClose that waits (while inside Studio) can’t you? I’m confused.

2 Likes

Oh gosh, you are right!
I completely forgot about this function… I’m sorry for making this useless tutorial. Now I feel like a fool :sweat_smile:.

EDIT: Nevermind, I completely forgot on this post. The BindToClose doesn’t work for me every time, although this is guaranteed to work.

Thank you for correcting me.

2 Likes