Test windows should not force focus, and editing a game should only focus once

As a Roblox developer, it is currently hard to multi-task while the Test Server/Player/edit windows are starting up, because the windows steal focus two times per test/edit window. (once when the “Loading…” pops up, once again when the main viewport is loaded)

For example, for a Test Server + 4 Test Players, this means your focus is stolen 10 times while the windows are popping up. This is bad UX because it won’t let me properly type or keep other windows on top during this process. I want to multitask while the windows are starting up, because it usually takes a little while before they are all loaded.

The same is true for edititng a game from the website. The window steals focus twice. This could be reduced to just one time, i.e. at the “Loading…” part and not when the viewport has loaded in.

My suggestion is that Test windows should not ever steal window focus, and edit windows should only steal window focus at most once (if at all).

If Roblox is able to address this request, this would let me multitask better while the test/edit windows are starting up, because work in other windows would not be interrupted, and it would save on some frustration due to this bad UX design.

14 Likes

Support, when testing with very large amounts of players this gets really frustrating.

This issue is still occurring on Windows 10 latest version and Studio latest version.

I was told by Developer Relations that engineers had a tough time replicating this issue. If this is still the case or additional information is needed, please let me know.

@Sorcus

This happens on a standard Windows 10 setup. Let me know if you need more details.

2 Likes

Hardware specs:

Windows 10
Ryzen 1400 CPU
Nvidia GTX 1050
BIOSTAR A320MH PRO AM4 motherboard
16GB DDR4 2800 SDRAM (Running at lower speed actually)

Video of it happening https://youtu.be/IHe5KUWY3TQ
seems to cap out at 2 focus-steals for new-server

Solved as announced here:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.