Testing the limits of ROBLOX Terrain

Terrain model of Mount Ararat I’m working on. One of the largest projects I’ve made in a while. Studio hasn’t crashed so far! Feedback much appreciated.

25 Likes

terrain could be a bit smoother for realism. other than that, maybe add some features? such as streams for example.

1 Like

That’s actually quite realistic. If you really want to push Roblox Studios’ terrain designer tool then I suggest using things that use more GPU and needs more rendering, such as grass, water, or the dynamic clouds.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m planning on adding a river as well, so we’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

Is this created with the common terrain tools, or is it created with third party software?
Looks great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! No, this was actually created from scratch using ROBLOX’s existing terrain toolkit.

1 Like

Is it possible to render all moving grass?

1 Like

I don’t think so, but it would be cool if that was possible. Grass also does cause some slight lag/latency with large maps, similar to terrain water.

Yes, with high graphic settings on the shadows will render.

1 Like

Roblox studio or in Roblox?

This text will be blurred

1 Like

Would be really nice to see some games with more realistic sized maps over the course of this year, Only problem would be lag, but would be interesting to see how Roblox servers handle!

1 Like

Both. When turning on in Roblox Studio, the grass will render within. If you want to play and see the rendered shadows, then turn it up to max in Roblox itself.

1 Like

i heard some guy was gonna make earth in roblox actually!! i wonder how that’s going for him. the madlad bought a huge server just for the project and everything lol.

1 Like

Woah! That is crazy on Roblox, if you find the project let me know.

It is insane how big and realistic projects are getting in modern Roblox.

1 Like

That would be amazing. I’ve actually tried doing this to an extent before, but there was a lot of issues. I just don’t think ROBLOX’s engine can handle something like that in one map. Definitely going to try again though, with a different approach.