Text chat service cuts text

I’m using text chat service and when I test my game I notice that sometimes I will type something and it might take away a letter or two from the end of my sentence.

Another issue is that people chat bubbles sometimes stop working, is there any reason this could be happening?

1 Like

You’re not the only one experiencing this. Many other people have been experiencing this issue. There’s not really a solution to this. This is an issue on Roblox’s side.

1 Like

So I should just use the old chat?

I need a way to stop players from seeing eachothers chat depending on their team

You can resort to that if you need to… that’s what I would do.

The old chat got more updates and is more perfectionned. Until the new get more update, it’s better to use the old one.

But with the old one, I am unable to make it so there is chat channels that only some people can see. This is needed in my game.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reporting these issues! We’re currently invested in ensuring TextChatService is bug-free. Could you provide more information to help us diagnose and fix these issues? This information would help:

1. Concrete steps to reproduce (ex. when does this happen? what characters are you typing?)
  2. A link to a place where this occurs, or a placefile

It happens to random letters pretty often and is usually just one or two letters not being added.

The place I was experiencing this in was (14) [Blood!] Trick or trust! - Roblox

Thanks! Just to help our engineers reproduce more easily, I have some other questions:

1. What device are you using?
  2. Have you noticed this behavior in Studio, or in live experiences only?
  3. Just to confirm: Is the issue that you see your whole message in the input textbox and hit send, but when you see the delivered message in the chat window, you no longer see the last couple letters?
  1. I’m using an ASUS VivoBook windows laptop
  2. I have not experienced this in studio
  3. The message shows in the textbox, but once sent you can’t see the letters

Hi, is this still happening? Also, do you have any screenshots of this happening so we can try to reproduce this?

Not sure, I’m unable to get it to happen again

This is still occurring. It happens in all of my games that use TextChatService.

Can you send us links to your experiences where this issue is occuring?