Text filtering doesn't work in Studio testing

Intro:

I talk about a custom chat bubble script but that does NOT effect the tags at all.

Hi everyone, so I was testing a Free Model chat script and I was messing around seeing if it worked and if it didn’t have that new chat error. After testing it for a while I noticed I could say things like “Ok” which now usually tags. So then I tried saying “Simp” and it also didn’t tag. I found that very weird so I deleted the Free Model script and I opened a baseplate and tried saying “Discord”. Well it worked, no scripts needed just a raw stock baseplate.

Specs:

I’m on Mac using the latest Roblox Studio version 0.451.0.412446.

Repro:

• Open Studio
  • Open a file
  • Test
  • Type something that would be tagged like “Discord” in chat

Proof:

Edit Yes I get that you’re the only one able to see it and I’ll be testing if it’s on team test later today.

1 Like

If you’re wondering why there’s no filtering in Studio, it’s because Studio runs locally, meaning you’d be able steal their API keys for filtering if it worked in Studio by looking at the network traffic

6 Likes

Or, alternatively, they would have to provide a publicly accessible API that can filter text, and consequently anyone could arbitrarily fire requests which could exhaust Roblox’s request budget / increase the bill with the third-party filtering service.

Also there is a relevant feature request here: Text Filter APIs should perform basic rudimentary filtering in Studio

4 Likes

Can test filter with ‘bad’ words in a public server with no players can get you banned/warned? due to always needs to be tested out of studio.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.