Text label with TextWrapped property set to true not updates last symbol sometimes

Text labels, and other UI elements with text don’t update their text content properly if it edited symbol-by-symbol:

This won’t happen if TextWrapped is false, RichText not affects issue.

Video:

Text which should render: Hi, GamEditoPro. You came for new tool or blueprints?
As seen, sometimes, 1-2 last symbols won’t render.

Reproduction steps:
Create UI with TextLabel, which is more tall than wide (example: Size = UDim2.new(0.2, 0, 1, 0))
Set TextWrapped to true.
Select this text label, and paste the following code into command bar, and hit enter:
local Label = game.Selection:Get()[1] Label.Text = "" for i = 1, 30, 1 do Label.Text ..= tostring(i) .. "; " game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Wait() end
You may execute this command many times, to see diffirences.

Expected behavior

I expect to see actual content of text label, not previous one.

1 Like

Hi, we recently rolled out a fix for this, could you please verify if it’s fixed on your end? Thank you!

1. Thanks, it got fixed.
  2. But it can spam “Failed text update: <My text with some formattings here like {number}>” info message, can’t precizely say what it says cuz behavior is not consistant and I forgot it. When this occurs, it not goes away, spamming indefinitely, or in some cases - after changing text label’s text.

Thanks for getting back to us! Glad to hear that the original issue was fixed. We will go ahead and close the corresponding ticket.
For the other issue, please file a separate bug report when you are able to repro it and include the repro steps, the current behavior and the expected behavior in the new bug report. Screenshots, videos and repro files would be great to expedite the bug-fixing process. Thank you!

1 Like