Text looks lower quality in Studio than it does in image editing software

Hi everyone, I recently ran into a slight issue when importing some UI.
I imported some buttons into Roblox Studio however the text on those buttons looks much lower quality than what it does in image editing software.

Is there any way to make the text look higher quality whilst still using the same font?

What the UI looks like in Studio

What the UI looks like in image editing software

4 Likes

That’s just paint.net acting up. No worries. It will have to make do.

1 Like

No, that isn’t the case. It looks high quality in paint . net but lower quality in Studio.

1 Like

Then it must be Roblox’s known-to-be bad resolution engine. The case that Roblox is free to use engine to make money for free, it isn’t meant to be such high quality.

When you import text into Roblox Studio, it’s like that for me as well. It’s just Roblox Studio- I don’t believe it’s an issue of yours or mine. Roblox Studio isn’t the best with importing, and I don’t recommend importing text. Even if it is parented with the button when importing; it still won’t look too great. I always use fonts from Roblox Studio itself and make the text labels in there as I don’t like having lower quality text on for my UIs I’ve designed, so I don’t import text.

2 Likes

It’s compression, compression lowers the image quality but lowers the amount of storage needed exponentially. Virtually all websites do this.

1 Like

Because roblox compresses the image quality for faster loading in games.

2 Likes

Maybe the original image is small but you resized it in studio and it lost quality.

Maybe I just need glasses, but they both look pretty much the same to me.

1 Like