Text scaling on SurfaceGui

Hello, I have some text in a surface gui i am trying to scale. I have the TextLabel scaled to 1,1 on this block. I would like the text to be larger. So far this is the largest I can make it.

I have tried all of these.
TextScaled
Text not scaled, and setting the font size as large as I can
setting the TextLabel to scale 2,2 or larger

So far I have not found any way to make the text any larger than it is. How can I do this?

2 Likes

Text can only be so large. Make the surfacegui’s size smaller. The downside is the text loses quality the smaller the surfacegui is.

3 Likes

so this is the maximum text size? Seems very limited for any sort of real use in game

1 Like

Only for the surfacegui. The bigger the surfacegui, the smaller the objects in it will become, but the clearer they will be. Think of it like a monitor on its own.

4 Likes

The text in this case is limited in size by the resolution of the TextLabel. The max TextSize right now is 100(?) pixels high. So, decreasing the resolution of the SurfaceGui will make the text bigger (although slightly worse in terms of quality).

2 Likes

There’s a property on SurfaceGuis to increase their size, CanvasSize I believe?

2 Likes

If you halve the SurfaceGui’s CanvasSize property (both X and Y), the text size should double. Unfortunately the quality of the text will get worse, although there’s not much you can do about that :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

I made the Gui smaller but the text doesnt get any bigger:

Also, I do not see any property called CanvasSize. I see one called TextBounds but that is greyed out.

You need to select the SurfaceGui, not the TextLabel.

7 Likes

U could use a UIScale iirc.

BTW CanvasSize is a UDim2 of the parent SurfaceGui. If you turn it down, you get larget text at a lower resolution.

8 Likes

that got it, thank you.

I marked @Astrometricspost as solution because it had the right info that I failed to read critically.

Thanks everyone! I understand now!

5 Likes

If you need any help in the future, you should check out the SurfaceGui Scaling Plugin created by @SteadyOn. It does the job of making SurfaceGuis a good size while (mostly) maintaining the quality of the UI.

4 Likes

That’s super helpful, THANK YOU! I figured it out, but I love me some good time-saving plugins!

4 Likes

a easy fix is to change the pixels per stud, although it does have some artifacts.