Text to Speech Script

Hi I want to make ModuleScript that when I input some text intro it, it will read it.
And I don’t know how to make it. I got idea that I will use HTTPService and SoundService to Use any AI website and download that sound and import it intro SoundService.
I didn’t try anything but I didn’t find anything on DEV Hub.

1 Like

So I remember seeing something a few years ago, and the way they did this was by uploading every keyboard character as a sound, and they would alter how long the wait is between each character based on how its being used, so if a player put in the phrase; Cat on mat for example, it would give C Sound A Sound T Sound quickly, bit of a space followed by O sound then N sound and so on. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Yes I found this now on DEV Forum but I dont want to it. I want it to generate Text from AI and import it intro SoundService.

1 Like

This is an extremely hard system to make, you can’t just ask the forum to make an entire system for you, for free. If you want to pay somebody to make this, go to https://talent.roblox.com/.

The amount of resources required to have an AI create a sound file, and a script to upload it to roblox using your account info, as well as needing to pass permissions to the game using the audio so it can be played in game… too much effort.

You also need to prevent every possible way of swearing and saying other inappropiate things with Text to Speech. You also need to make sure that the sounds aren’t too annoying to sensitive people. There is a lot that goes into making this, nobody will directly give you the solution on the devforum.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.