TextBounds not calculated properly from UIScale

TextBounds will not take into account UIScale when setting the bounds size for a text label. The following video shows the frames I have AutomaticSize set to X on and then changing text + removing/adding UIScale (set to 0.8) in a parent frame. I get the same results with AutomaticSize disabled and updating size purely from TextBounds as well.

Here is a repro that it will work 100% of the time. Mess around with the text of Message and the existence of the UIScale object.

automaticsize and uiscale.rbxl

9 Likes

Hi @Usering - thank you for the detailed bug report! I’ve created a ticket to investigate.

3 Likes

Any update on this? I’m still encountering this issue.

This is still an issue for me.

2 Likes

Hello! Does this issue occur anymore for any of you?

I’ve been running into this issue
uiscale: 0.5
uiscale: 1

3 Likes

Bumping because this is still an issue blocking important updates for our 1.5mil MAU experience Bad Business

2 Likes

This is still an issue that completely breaks my plugin and needs to be fixed.

Following up on this issue!
I’ve done some tests on this bug, and I wasn’t able to reproduce it anymore, so we assume that it should be fixed now.
Could you confirm if you are still experiencing the bug? @x_o @local_ip

Thanks!

Bug is still happening

Looks like the bounds are being calculated but not applied correctly with automaticsize

It seems that the issue you are talking about is something a bit different from the one originally posted, which is resolved!
It’s good you have created a report with the issue you were referring to, a Roblox Staff will start investigating ASAP.

Closing this thread, thanks for the update!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.