TextBox doesn't show proper font while typing on Android

WHAT IS UP MY FELLOW ROBLOX ENGINEERS!

Today on ScriptOn suffers working on Mobile, I present my latest findings.

Go to this place on PC & Mobile, I’ve left it uncopylocked so you can repro (Just a TextBox): TextBox bug report - Roblox

On PC and Tablet this works fine, when I type it uses the font & TextSize I’ve set.

Typing into TextBox on PC:

Typing on iPad (iOS):

Here’s where things are not poggers. On my Phone (Samsung S21, Android) the text does not show the font while typing. Once I finish typing and unFocus the TextBox the font returns to correct.

Thank you for reading!

18 Likes

Thanks for the report. It looks like this is missing functionality for textboxes on Android, and it’s being tracked.

7 Likes

Thank you! :smiley: Godspeed engineers.

2 Likes

Piggybacking off this issue, editing a TextBox with TextScaled enabled on Android no longer scales the input as you type it. The issue is especially damaging in my game, where the text is abnormally small and impossible to read when being edited.
Just replicated this on a fresh ScreenGui and Textbox with TextScaled enabled; a bit surprised to see this hasn’t been reported yet.

I would create a separate bug report, but I don’t have the perms. Hopefully it’s alright if I respond here

1 Like

A fix for this was turned on back in August, TextBox should respect the font choice now while typing on Android.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 8 days. New replies are no longer allowed.