TextBox not Focusing when on mobile

Hello developers,

I have ran into a problem while testing my game on mobile. I have found out that the TextBox isn’t focusing when pressed on mobile.

My first thought was… “Well I guess the TextBox is to small. I’ll just make it bigger” But clearly that didn’t work.

My TextBox is inside of a ScrollingFrame which has AutomaticCanvasSize.Y on. And I also want to note that MultiLine is on, but I have tried turning it off, and that didn’t work.

If somehow that my device is the problem, then I want to tell you guys that I am testing my game on a Amazon Fire 7 2023 Tablet…
1 Like

Hello, I can give you some tips on how you could fix it:

1. Make sure the TextBox is large enough. The TextBox should be at least 50 pixels wide and 20 pixels high. If it is smaller than this, it may not be large enough to focus on mobile devices.

2. Disable AutomaticCanvasSize.Y. AutomaticCanvasSize.Y can sometimes cause problems with TextBoxes on mobile devices. Disabling it will ensure that the TextBox always has the same size, regardless of the size of the ScrollingFrame it is in.

3. Turn off MultiLine. MultiLine can also cause problems with TextBoxes on mobile devices. Turning it off will ensure that the TextBox is always single-line, which can make it easier to focus on.

4. Make sure that the TextBox is not within a ScreenGui that has the property Locked to true.

5. Make sure that the TextBox is not within a TextButton or other clickable object that has the property Active set to false.

6. Make sure that the TextBox is not within a ScrollingFrame that has the property ScrollBars set to false.

I don’t know if these will help but I cannot help you more other than telling you to recheck your code…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.