TextButton not detecting clicks in first person

THE PROBLEM

So I’ve been trying to make a SurfaceGui with a TextButton on it, to be able to detect the player’s click. The problem is, when doing it in First Person, the TextButton absolutely ignores if the player is clicking.

FIRST PERSON VIEW:

THIRD PERSON VIEW:

As you can see, viewing from the first person doesn’t let the TextButton detect my mouse. The opposite is for viewing from the third person, which clearly detects it.

ATTEMPTS TO SOLVE

One solution that I had tried, was to create a StarterCharacter and then setting its parts’ CanCollide & CanQuery property off (while anchoring the character), since I thought that the mouse was detecting the character instead. However it didn’t make a single difference.

I also set the AlwaysOnTop property to true, since I saw this as a solution earlier at the forum but didn’t work for me.

NOTE: The SurfaceGui is inside StarterPlayer and the Adornee property is set to the display part.

Any help is appreciated!

This is how the properties are set in the button:

Just incase anybody needs it

do you mind making a test place with the full model of both the desk and the computer so i can quickly experiment on what is causing the problem

Sure! I’ve allowed the game source to be copied in here ASTROMORTEM Test Place - Roblox