TextButton not working on tool

Hello! I need help with a button in SurfaceGui on a tool not working.
So, essentially, there’s this tool that has a SurfaceGui on it. I need a button (that is cloned inside there with a script, that currently works) to work inside this GUI, but it doesn’t even hover, which is a huge problem for me. I tried searching on google, youtube, and the devforum but nothing helped me (I found just one thing that was posted 2 years ago and still not answered.

If this is of any help: Both the SurfaceGui and the button are children of the tool, and the SurfaceGui is connected to the tool part with the Adronee property.

If I didn’t explain myself, please let me know.

I did some tests on my test world and I found the problem: when you have a tool equipped, the tool’s
.Activated overlaps the .Activated of the gui button, making it impossible for anyone to click the button.

So we have to find a way to make the .Activated of the gui button priority higher than the one of the tool, or find a way to lower the priority of the tool’s .Activated.

I’ve found on the dev forum someone with a similar problem, but this one is solved.
ClickDetector Tools - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - DevForum | Roblox

Thank you! I’ll see if this work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.