TextEditable for TextBox does not work

Reproduction Steps
Add any ScreenGui with a TextBox and set TextEditable to false. Play the game, either in studio or live game, and you’ll still be able to edit the text.

Expected Behavior
The TextBox should behave like a TextLabel, like the API suggests it will.

Actual Behavior
I can edit the text, when I shouldn’t be able to.

Workaround
I have to create a TextLabel with the same properties as the TextBox, which is visible to the people who I don’t want to be able to edit the text of.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Hi @TheSteelEagle - is this issue still happening for you? I created a TextBox in Studio and changed TextEditable to false, hit Play, and it appears that I’m not able to enter any text.

Yes, the issue is still occurring. I tried in Studio and a live server.

Are there any updates on this bug?

I have a TextBox with TextEditable set to false.

It’s not edible in Studio or on desktop, but on iOS the entire text field continues to be editable. I can remove or add characters. I would like to avoid implementing hacks like [this].(Read-only TextBox issue with mobile - #5 by Qin2007)

1 Like

Hi @Merely apologies for the late reply, we have updated the priority on this ticket in our backlog but unfortunately don’t have a timeline yet for when this will be resolved.

There is a related thread with a workaround suggested in the meantime:

1 Like

Hey @DrRanchDressing this issue still persists and its been quite a while, any updates?