TextLabel size on SurfaceGUI

, ,

I’m currently working on multiple builds to showcase as new work, and I started today. I was wondering if there is a way to make the size of text on a TextLabel (parent SurfaceGUI) over 100. 100 size is very small.

Illustrations:

Sorry if the image quality is bad.

If there is any way to make the text larger, please let me know. Thank you. :slight_smile:

In the first picture, you got a property called “Text Scaled”. When it’s ticked, it automatically fits the text to the SurfaceGUI size. Only minus is that you have to play around with the SurfaceGUI’s size and position to change the text’s size.

5 Likes

@Krunnie’s method work fairly well most of the time.

However, sometimes you want to set of your font with an absolute size, without having the need to resize the part. I would manipulate the CanvasSize property of SurfaceGui, reducing the amount, it will make the GUI looks like stretched out. I believe the default CanvasSize value is 800, 600. Changing the value to 400, 300 will make the text appear larger. The downside of this is, if you zoom in too much, you can see the little pixel.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to use the TextWrapped property too.
You can also make use of :GetTextSize()

2 Likes

To add for my own post, here you can see the effect of manipulating the value of CanvasSize property under SurfaceGui.

Canvas size set to 800, 600.

Canvas size set to 400, 300.

2 Likes