TextService DOES replicate across client-server boundary

https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/class/TextService

This function is available from both the Client and the server - I believe it is a mistake that it is labelled that it doesn’t replicate across to the client / server.

1 Like

I think it’s referring to the functions like FilterStringAsync.

Pretty sure that’s also available on both client/server.

Well, yes, but they don’t replicate.

If you filter text on the Client, but don’t have a remote event, it’s not going to replicate to everyone else as being filtered.

I thought that label was an object-level identifier. In other words, if you change the actual service object, the changes won’t replicate. Nothing to do with the methods. It exists on both the server and client, but changes to the object will not replicate.

(e.g. if you change the name of the service)

4 Likes

I think that’s the case too - which makes this statement, whilst true, fairly vague and misleading.
“This item is not replicated across Roblox’s server/client boundary.”

It really isn’t replicating. You can test this by changing a property or adding a child on the server, and observing that the change is not propagated to the client. The client creates its own instance of TextService, which isn’t connected to the server’s instance in any way.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.