TextSize and TextBounds

I’m super grateful for TextSize but I have a 1440p monitor (and some have even higher). 100 limit on TextSize is very small. Can we please have it increased to like 1000?

TextBounds is still broken. It’s a feature I’m delaying my new GUI rework for. Basically if you enable .TextScaled the .TextBounds doesn’t update, it remains on whatever .FontSize you’ve had it at before. Ideal behavior is it picks up on .TextSize/.FontSize changes and works as it used to.

I think it was @spotco who did the new update. Can we please have these two things?

5 Likes

Can you take a screenshot of what TextSize 100 looks like on your screen?
I will fix TextBounds.

2 Likes

My Studio game preview window runs @ almost exactly 1080p. Thank you so much for fixing it! I’ve been waiting for a while now.

1 Like

TextBounds should now work when TextScaled is true. Let me know if this works for you.

3 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Also is TextSize unlocked/larger now?

I couldn’t allow larger TextSize I’m afraid. It’s not just a question of allowing a bigger number. Text characters render to a bitmap, if the characters are too big they will over-flow the bitmap. Someone else like @spotco or @zeuxcg would know more about the issue and possible solutions in the future.

I don’t think we’d make TextSize limit bigger with current font rendering technology. We have an atlas that has a finite size and have to rasterize a precisely sized glyph into that. On mobile (iOS) we increase the size 2x to match the pixel density perfectly. This means one glyph with size 1000 is basically 4 Mb of data (2k x 2k, single channel - ballpark). This will take ages to rasterize and consume the entire atlas.

We may switch to an alternate technology at some point, based on distance fields, that’d make glyph rasters more reusable (scalable in both “scale the size” and also “memory/perf consumption scales” way) - but with what we have today size has a cost, and we can’t just unlock the values.

4 Likes

Has the answer to this changed since the release of the “quantum UI” system?

I was making a countdown UI, and ran into this problem - font size cannot exceed 100 px. This is an issue, because in some cases I need text to be very large.

This for example, the countdown indicator is too small on Xbox and PC. I need the number to be bigger so it is more clearly visible, thus my need for bigger font sizes.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.