Texture Based Animated Water

Model: https://www.roblox.com/library/523615904/Texture-Based-Water

I wanted to provide a high frame rate alternative to voxel terrain for Ultimate Boxing that wasn’t just a part. For the free model version, it will work without FilteringEnabled (on the server) and work locally with FilteringEnabled.

13 Likes

I’ve used this water for a while.

Pretty much the same thing except the colors are different. Although I think yours maybe better with frame rate.

@Maximum_ADHD already made this :slight_smile:

1 Like

The description of the model says its inspired from clonetroopers version. Plus clone’s was lava and this is water

Probably just smoother rather than better frame rates (actually runs at 20 FPS). The main thing is that it runs locally if you have FilteringEnabled, which won’t rely on the connection to update each frame. I had a lot of stuttering when playing “Adventure Rush” when it was using the lava on the server.

Yeah stuttering, that’s a big issue

Have you tested performance on a crappy PC with tons of these/a large part? Curious to see how it does.

When it comes to frame rate with a GPU, I just need to unplug my laptop with a GT 755M to go from >970 MHz to 135 MHz.
Here is 10 2048x1x2048 parts with the texture on the top on battery power, graphics level of 8:

And without:

Now try it with terrain water.

I’ve created something like this, however a while ago I’ve sometimes noticed slight flickering between asset ID changes (it had something to do with transparency afaik). I haven’t tested it lately to confirm if it still happens, but what I did to overcome the problem was interlace each pre-created texture on each face of a part. Result outcomes to about the same behavior as changing the asset ID:

4 Likes