Texture bugging out when exporting a model to OBJ & importing back into Studio

I’m trying to turn my model into a single mesh so I can use it as an accessory. I’ve never used blender or any similiar software at all. I’m completely lost. :sob:

The model I’m turning into OBJ

Opening it up in Paint 3D

The ears are backwards for some reason and the colors are off (I’m guessing they would look normal when imported to Roblox)

The absolute atrocity that comes out when I import it back to studio :skull:

Any help appreciated

1 Like

have you baked the textures in blender into a single image? if you did I think the issue here might be the UV map maybe you didn’t “UV unwrap” the mesh correctly?

Didn’t know I had to do that, as I said I never touched blender at all
I tried to bake the textures, I followed this tutorial:

I used the same baking settings at that guy but for some reason it won’t render the face
Edges in blender on the failed bake look clean but when I tried testing it out in studio some of them were black for some reason…

Also completely forgot about the fact Roblox downscales textures to 256x256 when you turn things into accessories… is there any way to downscale them to have the model look clean?

1 Like

What you need to do here is correctly UV unwrap the mesh it’s very important, because it consists of “unfolding the faces of the mesh to make it flat” so that the image texture that you baked can be applied to it, follow this tutorial for more information about blender UV unwrapping.

Note: once you unwrap your mesh and the UV map looks good and clean “mesh UV map cut into nice chunks with little space in between every one of them” you will have to redo the texture baking so bake a new image texture with the new UV map of the mesh.