Texture Offsets 2019

Finally, now I can make animated textures. :laughing:
I made this thing with this feature is it nice?

32 Likes

I didn’t even consider the potential for animated textures with this! Excited to see how it will be used in the future.

5 Likes

I had an issue with texture offsets while using MeshParts and Unions previously.

This update made it possible to optimally restore Roblox’s bevel feature into Super Nostalgia Zone, without needing 4 texture variants for each surface type!

Thank you for adding this :slight_smile:!
(Now we just need the Texture class icon to be updated → image)

30 Likes

Is that bevel system open-sourced?

Also: This update is great, now I’m just hoping Roblox will fix this annoying bug:

4 Likes

looks like you should be using surface GUIs for that

Not at the moment. I wrote a program that generates bevel mesh files and uploads them using Roblox Studio’s cookies, but I haven’t open sourced it.

If you want a specific bevel mesh size though, just send it my way and I’ll give you an AssetId for it lol.

1 Like

Finally, an update with texture. (That was lame, I know.)

This is going to be one of those small updates that really makes a big difference, I think. I’m excited thinking of all the animations that become possible with texture offset being a thing!

Will we get texture offset for custom materials in the future too? Then the circle will be complete.

12 Likes

Thanks you for this unforgettable treasure :pray:

3 Likes

love the update. would love to see this added to decals too!

6 Likes

Man this update brings new light in animating texture on blocks. My first thing that came to mind as an effect is the minecraft enchantment animation (with tools.). :smile: Great update Roblox!

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks. You’re a god. I love you. I hope you have the most fantastic next ten years for this. You, and everyone else who worked on this feature, deserve it.

2 Likes

This will be very, VERY useful, thank you @zeuxcg.

2 Likes

i had problems with this before, and it made my game look worse. now its fixed! thanks!

I was just talking to someone about this yesterday on another community, can you not read my mind, please? Thanks anyways, was really wanting this for something I’d made a few days ago.

2 Likes

Posted about this feature 2 years ago. Thank you @zeuxcg!! :relaxed:

5 Likes

This is a great feature! I’m definitely going to be using this in the future!

1 Like

Thanks for listening to my annoying twitter DMs, credit goes to @Borsy for talking me into doing so.

This is gonna be fun to mess with… :3

2 Likes

What a wonderful update by the Roblox team, and what a sigh of relief. I guess you can now just Clone the same texture as needed.

Hehehehe

4 Likes

This is absolutely incredible to see, and adds to much to what we can do with textures now.

In the future will there ever be a way to do a light emission from the texture? It’d presume it’d work the same way as it does on almost everything else. Plus maybe seeing this (light emission) on mesh part’s textures as well.

2 Likes