Texture Offsets 2019

The wait is over.

I’m… not sure what to add here :slight_smile: The offset is (obviously) in studs, so for example if StudsPerTileU is 2, then offsetting the texture mapping by 1 stud results in the texture shifting by half of its width.

The properties can be used to fit textures to parts better, including working around an unfortunate quirk where texture mapping starts from the corner of the part for regular parts, and from the center for mesh/CSG parts; also since the properties are scriptable you can now animate them to get UV scrolling and other neat effects.

Sorry it took so long.

321 Likes

oh my god it’s happeninggggg

I saw this in the release changelog and was waiting for this to be enabled, thank you so much :smiley::heart:

Now, where did those spritesheets go…

edit: thought I’d show an actual use case - half slabs in Blox now use the correct part of the texture so it lines up with double slabs!

Increased constrast in case compression does anything:

Thanks zeux :heart:

32 Likes

:weary: Finally some texture improvements.

7 Likes

Power has gone to my head with this. It looks nice from a distance.

42 Likes

This will be excellent for custom water effects :eyes: Great feature!

8 Likes

This is really cool, we can finally have images wrap around corners (kinda)
Image wraping around corner, blood for example:
The only thing left would be image cutoff so we don’t have to hid the rest of the image under a brick. But this feature it self is something really cool!

58 Likes

Awesome update, previously I would have to use a workaround with beams etc. to animate textures. This new feature + TweenService makes my development life so much easier!

5 Likes

Waves are now really easy to make. (Note: The texture transparency is 0.5)
NewTextureOffsetWaves

55 Likes

Oh nice! We can use this to make animated weapon skins.

168 Likes

OH JESUS @hasanroblox2946, this is just what we need for the block textures! :raised_hands:

@zeuxcg you’re a LIFE saver. :pray:

6 Likes

Interesting! the first use that comes to my mind is for a tank’s tracks. :thinking:

10 Likes

This looks so cool I can’t wait to try it out!

3 Likes

This makes many of the hacks I’ve been doing much easier, and solves so many little issues! Glad to see this feature come out later rather than never come out at all. Thanks!

5 Likes

Just gotta…wait for a few rendering updates to…come through :grimacing:. Super enticing though :eyes:, I’m going to try this out and as fast as possible. Great job OP and the team behind this!

3 Likes

I have been long waiting for this feature for textures. Definately going to use this in my projects.

As always, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Nice! I’m mostly excited to see the quirky ways people will manage to use this feature. I can easily see a bunch of visual improvements to games simply with this new feature.

2 Likes

Time to go make an animated skin like @Reshiram110 mentioned

Won’t be used for anything, but yeah.

1 Like

What a surprise! I’m working right now on a map that uses a lot of textures :joy:

1 Like

I have made the best creation ever using this update.

Best creation ever

Unfortunately I can see the other frames leaking through at the sides, which kinda sucks :confused:
Out of curiosity, is that possible to fix?

27 Likes

Really helpful, exactly for doors and water effects.

2 Likes