Texture reflectance

Hello everyone. I tried searching for this question but didn’t find any topic similar to this.

I am trying to make a reflective floor as you can see here:

But when I put texture on my part it looks like this(I just tested it with a wooden texture I have already uploaded)

I have put the same reflectance .5 on the part like this one:

The wooden part isn’t as shiny as the normal one. Is it because of the texture? Can I fix it somehow? I want to use custom textures because it looks cooler. Thanks for reading. :grinning:

1 Like

This is almost impossible in Roblox Studio. You need to do something like this:
https://gyazo.com/4e78aa9b58811ddd721f5ecc9e722078
*Credits to HiddenKaiser

I do not know how to do this though I know it is possible. I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll keep searching and trying. Have a nice day

This is not impossible!
A popular technique to achieve this, rather than messing with the reflectance of the part (since right now it only reflects the sky), is to make the floor slightly transparent and “mirror” the build underneath.

Here’s a quick little drawing I whipped up explaining what I mean (not on studio at the moment):

Simply clone the build you want to reflect, and rotate it 180°. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You could also setup a local region3, for when the player enters the area, change the skybox to the a panorama of the build, also change the texture transparency and set smooth plastic to under the texture to a high reflectance

4 Likes

I gave you solution thanks :slight_smile:

This method looks really cool. And I didn’t think of it :+1:

4 Likes

This is a good idea too. But since I am a builder. That is too much scripting for me. But thanks for your input :slight_smile:

1 Like