Texture tearing

I went to turn my graphics on max in studio to take a picture but then this tearing started happening, I have noticed it before but it’s becoming an issue. it happens in game too sometimes randomly (not just on full graphics) I’m on a Mac so I don’t know if this exclusive & at some angles it will restore to normal but majority of the time it will look like this once the place has more than a handful of custom textures.

(this is regular studio btw)

6 Likes

Is this on future is bright? Judging from the shadows, it looks like it is. Don’t report those bugs here. You should report those to this thread instead.

oh no it’s regular studio shadows are custom

1 Like

Can you send me a place file where this happens?

wall.rbxm (2.4 KB)

ummm well here’s a part its happening to but I can get this to happen on any place tbh

I’ve experienced this exact bug on older versions of mac. If you are on Yosemite, El Capitan or High Sierra, try upgrading. I’ve personally experienced this bug with El Capitan, and upon upgrading to High Sierra, the bug immediately vanished. If you are on an older mac, this may also be a problem with the lack of Metal (Graphics related feature in most recent and semi-recent macs). Older macs run on OpenGl and it runs a bit different than the later macs.

Thread for reference:

im on a 2017 mbp is its fairly new and its on the latest version of Mojave

Interesting…what graphics level are you on? And mind showing us what your computer specifications are? (A screenshot of the About this Mac should be sufficient)

it happens on any graphic level, it depends on the game usually, sometimes being on 1 it’ll ruin most textures but other times it will fix, same for the higher levels & yeah

1 Like

lmao it literally just did it to the default fabric texture,

This is so weird, can’t make heads or tails of it :thinking:

its honestly so random, I dont know if it’s the newer Macs because before I bought this Mac two months ago I had a Mac mini from 2014 and it was on Mojave too and never had this issue. could be the newer hardware idk

Now its happening to terrain as well, this is again, not a limited situation, it’s happening to any game with terrain. Although it’s not always guaranteed I’ve seen it happening more regularly. I included details in the last post I made and the terrain has the same symptoms.

it shows the vertex colour but not the texture, in some cases you can see the texture on the edge of terrain but its being torn.