Textures break when importing mesh

i’ve been trying to import this mesh into roblox studio but it keeps breaking.

so can someone help?

this is what happens

In Studio:

In Blender:

ive tried a lot of stuff to fix it but it keeps failing

i want the textures to look like how it is in blender.

Hey, did you try making the mesh part “Double-Sided” through its properties?

Your UVs look like they’re messing up. Can we see what the UV maps are for the hair, and if they overlap with any other UV maps on the rig? It looks like your hair card UVs are using the rig’s texture.

I don’t think this has anything to do with face orientation :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

yeah but it does nothing except just make the mesh double sided

here

and

1 Like

What the hell is going on with your UVs? Why is it offset like that? I don’t know where you sourced this asset from but I’m surprised that only the hair cards aren’t working. That UV is a mess.

But messy UV aside, I was correct. You’re applying the rig’s texture to the hair, when you should be applying the hair texture. Studio Meshparts don’t have multiple texture slots (while other game engines that actually run Crash Bandicoot do), so you’ll have to split the rig and the hair into two meshes, and apply the textures accordingly…

That is, after figuring out why your UV is so messed up lol.

2 Likes

its from here:

also the mesh has seperate textures
hm well thanks for your help il try this :+1:

1 Like

Yes it does in Blender. Blender and most game engines have multiple texture slots for meshes. Roblox Studio does not (yet?).

So the only way currently to get around having multiple textures for a mesh is to split the mesh into separate pieces. It’s not great, but it’s all you can do.

Edit, when I said “it’s all you can do” that’s not entirely true. If I were the one making this mesh for Roblox, I’d have UV unwrapped the whole rig together so I’d only need one texture. Obviously the artist who made the rig intended it for UE4 so this isn’t on them.

You can still do this, but it’d require a lot of work marking seams, unwrapping, and remaking the texture to lay properly. The time invested in fixing this “properly” would be much more than the negligible cost of just adding another mesh in this situation.

2 Likes

dang, il try this method later, thanks for your help!

1 Like

oh alright that could work too

1 Like