Textures for my buildings

Hi guys, I’m making a space themed CTF game,someone told me to give a texture to the buildings.So I just searched some textures on the internet.I’m not very convinced so I’m asking feedbacks!

1 Like

You should make your own textures if you’re not satisfied. You could use Krita or paint.net.

The textures for now look great, but keep in mind that you will need to use a lot of them to cover the whole building. If you’re using such detailed textures, a single non-textured wall can look weird.

1 Like

It depends on if your game is going for a certain style - theme I feel like the texture you’ve added doesn’t look too appealing - or it doesn’t match with the setting I normally see CTF base have a stone material on it something like what a castle would have the base area has a certain material more like a dark light grey stone material if the textures you added doesn’t look good I wouldn’t recommend adding one.

Imo some builds don’t need textures. It all depends on what approach your going for if i’m not mistaken.

Now looking at the texture a bit more I think it fits the theme, however try not to place all different textures if it doesn’t match on what your going for, I could only assume that you’re going for a realistic approach? If so, does the building itself holds more details inside the base? Hopefully you can gather a few textures and see which looks better to you. Good luck on your project.

1 Like

The textures are good in your wall :brick:.
However, the problem is that in the bottom of the wall (The blue part) doesn’t match with the metal wall, you might want to change the color the outlines could be red, and the center of the blue part of the wall could be a grey Diamond plate part, everything else is ok! Thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

1 Like