Textures gone when imported into blender

So recently I have been getting more into importing objects into blender, but recently I imported this object from roblox studio into blender and the texture was gone, This is probably a newbie question but how can I add the texture back in so it comes up in blender? I’m using blender 2.9

Thanks.

2 Likes

In blender I’m not sure if there’s a new update, but when I used to be interested in Roblox Graphics, there was a button that made the textures reappear.

Right click on your model and it should say “Rendered”.

I think that was in version 2.79 and under, I’m using a newer version.

Camera icon somewhere, click it and it should say something like textures? Or you can turn things on and off and see.

Ok, do you know how I can save the objects texture in studio? Because it askes for an image texture.

On studio take off the textures off the model then save it as a new file.

The textures are lost when moving models from Roblox to Blender. You can fix the materials, but using the base Roblox textures, there is no color.

This is what you should get when importing the model, all colors are kept, but not the material textures.

To fix this, go to the shading tab.

Select your object, and go to the Material Properties tab.

Find the material you want to fix, and click on it. You should then see the node editor on the bottom

Here, you can delete the Principled BSDF, and drag and drop the image. The Roblox textures can be found inside Roblox’s files, you can look up a tutorial on getting them, and they should be .dds files.

Then connect the Color of the image to the Surface of the Material Output.

And here is the result!

Its a very manual process, but its the only solution I’ve found. I still haven’t figured out color inside Blender besides manually making different color images, but it should be somewhere. After fixing all the textures in Blender, if you import it into Unity and fix all the textures AGAIN, you get all the colors back.

6 Likes

Ok so I got to the files, now do I only drag in one or drag them all in?

Ok nvm, I got it working. Thx s0 much for this!

1 Like

I’m having the opposite problem, my models are being imported with no color and it used to be like the pictures you showed where it was imported with color, how do I get that back?

1 Like

Try this already set nodes