Textures, Terrain (Blender)

so i’am making a stranger things GFX for my stranger things game to help me get better at all aspects of building, modelling, GFX, scripting, UI.

my issue is that for this i have a demodog that has the granite texture (default roblox one) on him… without that texture he is pink so i need that texture on him for it to look good the demodog is a model by the way if thats important. i also have terrain that i am making for the cave area around the scene; but i don’t know how to import terrain into blender at all.

please tell me how to fix these issues i also use blender 2.79 don’t say to get 2.8 please; my computer won’t let me.

You can import the rig into Blender but Roblox materials won’t export - which honestly is fine because they’re really low res as far as GFX is concerned. Same with terrain and it’s texture.

You’re significantly better off by using nodes to make a material, since it’s also easier (and better quality) to tweak the PBR settings on Blender’s side with a Principled BSDF node instead of ripping them from Studio files.

Basically, in most cases avoid exportibg anything but geometry from Studio if the end goal is to make a graphic with it. The resolution will suck.

1 Like

do you know the texture to the roblox granite texture (like a png?) or the cave texture because that is what i will be using around them. and how do i import terrain to blender (smooth terrain)?

1 Like

I just said that the texture for granite, along with the rest of the Material textures, aren’t worth your time if you’re making a graphic. They’re low res and will look bad. Learn how to make materials in Blender nodes instead, it’s one of the tools Blender really shines with.

As for exporting terrain. Select Terrain in Explorer, right click, and select Export. But again, that will only bring the geometry over, not the textures. But that’s ok because just like the granite, you can make your own that looks much better.

1 Like

well i don’t know what the mapping of terrain textures are; could you possibly send me the texture for terrain so i can see what the mapping is like?

Terrain isn’t UV mapped in the same sense as other meshes. It uses a different method.

But that doesn’t really matter if you’re using materials for a graphic, since materials are applied to entire objects regardless of UV.

1 Like

Agreeing with @Aotrou, Its not possible too import the Roblox material textures. I think its due too the fact blender uses a different type of texturing. Are you asking how too fix the pink texture? If so, its pink because the texture was lost in the file. Which is also because you can’t import textures from Roblox too blender. Try finding a marble texture online, then make the roughness high so it gives the material more realistic.