The 2D game thread

So I don’t clog up the August what are you working on thread with only my stuff, I’ll post progress for my 2D game here.

Currently cool:

Weapons

Feel free to post suggestions/ideas, as I have no idea where I’m going with this right now.

3 Likes

It’s Roblox’s Don’t Starve.

I haven’t played that game, but I’ve seen it, and it looks exactly the same. lol

There should be a lot of more interesting mountains, hills, and caves. It’s not possible to do dynamic lighting with SurfaceGui’s though, is it? Hm…

1 Like

ROBLOX replacing the soon-to-be-unsupported flash player.

1 Like

HTML5 already stole that spot.

1 Like

ADD a day / night cycle !
A town with shops, houses, saloons (…) …
Maybe a quest system with coop mode ?

1 Like

Now with 100% more miniguns

:swag:

[size=1]Miniguns are not for everybody, please consult your doctor before trying miniguns[/size]

Looks like an egg cannon

How did you manage to render that vertical path at different angles with ROBLOX GUIs? Do you put a frame along one edge and one on the other edge with another frame in the middle?

Call it…

Paper Towns.

B)

I’m pretty sure he said in another post that everything is surface guis and such, so that’s probably just a brick.

[quote] Call it…

Paper Towns.

B) [/quote]

But that’s the name of a book that just became a movie

oh well yolo it

Does this remind anyone else of the game Dad n’ Me?
It definitely shouldn’t become a game like that (bullying = no), but having a single-player storyline game similar to that would be pretty cool (i.e. fight bad guys, collect cool stuff, etc.).

You could possibly add the storymode option for badges and things and create a general multiplayer arena for everyone to play in when they complete that/get bored of that/etc.

And for expansions, you could simply extend the single-player storyline. Add new “chapters” etc. Create puzzles.

I just love this so much. It’s making me grin like an idiot and I have no idea why.
Please keep it up. :DDD

All hail.

I’ve actually been meaning to make a David Bazooka.
Stay tuned.