The beta feature "Updated Roblox Controls" causes a warning about RunService:UnbindFromRenderStep removing functions with the same reference

Problem

Basically, when resetting my character in either solo play or test server mode, Studio prints the following warning: RunService:UnbindFromRenderStep removed different functions with same reference name utility-focus-state-inspect-[UserName] 2 times. This just started happening and it only happens when the beta feature Updated Roblox Controls is turned on. When turning off that beta feature, the problem disappears. This issue seems to only appear in Studio.

Additional Information

Parameter Value
Problem Area Studio
Problem Component Not Sure/Other
First Noticed 11 Apr 2024
Priority Medium
Impact Unknown
Annoyance Level Moderate
Studio Version 0.620.0.6200463 (64-bit)
OS Windows 10 Pro

The beta features that I have enabled are as follows:

• AI-Powered Texture Generator
  • Assistant Preview
  • Material Generator
  • Notched Screen Support
  • Notification Overhaul
  • Updated Docking System
  • Updated Roblox Controls

As for plugins, I have a bunch that are installed, but very few are enabled. The ones that are enabled are listed below with links to their details page on the Roblox store website:

Expectations

What I expect to happen is that warnings are not displayed when I reset my character.

Visuals

Reproduction

To reproduce the issue, perform the following steps:

1. Create a new baseplate from the templates.
  2. Make sure that the beta setting “Updated Roblox Controls” is turned on.
  3. Start solo play mode (or local test server).
  4. Reset character.
  5. Observer results in output window.

Files

Not really…

6 Likes

Found someone to check this out! We’ll get back to you when we have an update.

1 Like

Duplicated bug: Unbind from renderstep warning - Bug Reports / Engine Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox

It didn’t show up in my search because nobody spelled out the error in text. It’s all screenshots.