The "Beta Program" Topic:

(Hello, everyone! I hope everyone is having an amazing day)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to continue further seeing users commenting to be opt-in/opt-out on the topic that could allow you to enter the Beta Program:

The final statement for those that were featured in the list by the Developer Relations team was on December 10th, 2021, and nothing else was addressed by the department using the @Roblox account, leading to players replying continuously (approximately 1800 responses from December 10th, 2021 > September 06th, 2022).

Seeing this most of the time once logging into Developer Forums seems like they are all getting “scammed” and simply not analyzing that you don’t need to use the topic, as beta resources are now available to be activated in Roblox Studio throughout File > Beta Features.

As with the result, it would be excellent if the DevRel team can address this issue by pointing out that they are no longer distributing for those that replied under the primary message and closing the topic.

9 Likes

I believe the Beta Program is not related to studio and is more for website betas.

2 Likes

Even so, we quite need a response regarding it…

2 Likes

I mean the beta program you linked was supposed to be for 2021 but I agree with you, we need an update or just a response from Roblox about it.

1 Like

the thread has always confused me anyways. i’ve always wondered why devrel decided to make the opt-in process a thread and why it was so easily accessible.

i’ve seen people bragging about getting in when it’s essentially the same thing as checking a box on a form or clicking “Opt in” on a website. truly puzzling.

2 Likes

The thread(s) were focused on opting in to beta website features, of which there are currently none and likely never will be again. The last beta feature in existence since 2021 (and I believe 2020 also) was just 700 player servers, which is now a public feature. (edit: it’s not, my bad)

It is not a public function it is from the beta program

Why should they have stopped their beta program?

It has nothing to do with studio. It includes features like 700 player servers.

1 Like

I could have sworn it was a public feature now, I stand corrected. I think I was mixing it up in my head with something else.

100 player servers became a feature a few years back, if that’s what you meant.