The Better BasePlate Plugin

Thanks for suggesting that. I wanted it too. Also, congrats on making it in, Thundy.

2 Likes

:+1:

Thank you! :smile:

2 Likes

Love this plugin, thank you for creating it! Very simple and easy to use. Custom baseplates would definitely be icing on the cake as well :pray:t4:

2 Likes

I love this plugin! Itā€™s designed nicely and I feel like my UIs look much better when itā€™s put up against the textured baseplate then a regular studded one.

Also, do you plan on making any updates to the plugin?

no, not really, but I can always just publish changes, the plugin is kinda done functionality wise but you could mod the plugin to add your own baseplates, and if they are good I always could publish them.

1 Like

I have a problem with this plugin. When I access it, (Forgive me if I didnā€™t use the right word, Iā€™m new here.) when I try to close it, it doesnā€™t allow me to drag it around and see the top bar, so I canā€™t drag it and press the exit button.

planning on remaking the plugin so that bug will be fixed aswell once the newer version has been released

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

The 2019 Better Baseplate Update!! :tada:

Changes/Fixes:

• a brand new GUI Design and Style!
  • Fixed the issue that the gui would clip to the top of the screen.
  • Baseplate icons use Viewport frames to display the baseplate
  • Baseplate does check if the baseplate is the default baseplate before changing.

Added/Removed:

• youā€™re finally able to add your own custom baseplates!
  • removed unnecessary baseplates.

Planning:

• Able to share baseplates via a generated Code.

I hope you enjoy this update. this took quite some time to redesign the whole thing but I think its absolutely worth it!

if you encounter any issues or errors please let me know and I try to fix them as soon as possible

7 Likes

This is amazing, Iā€™m extremely glad you decided that you were going to continue on and do an update for this plugin, will this be your last update or do you plan on continuing now? If you do plan on ending this project would you consider putting it on github? Iā€™m sure a lot of developers including myself would love to continue it (if itā€™s ever discontinued)

yes, I am gonna continue this plugin. and no I am not going make this opensource. i am fine with people looking through my code but not that they are going to repost my plugin and call it their own

By no means was I trying to open the possibility of people stealing and claiming credit, a lot of times when a project is discontinued developers allow users to continue it on there own, I was wondering if you were going to do this (if it was discontinued)

1 Like

any way to make a custom baseplate size (max 10000 x 10000 for potato pcā€™s max 100k x 100k for good pcā€™s)

1 Like

Clicking the plugin toggle immediately crashes my Studio. Iā€™ve tried 4 times now to open a new file and toggle the plugin. Other plugins I have that use widgets arenā€™t crashing.

thanks, i will look into it

Edit: updated the plugin that it will wait a second before starting up, and i havent crashed. if your still experiencing this issue please let me know

I updated the plugin, but it still crashes, and reinstalling Studio didnā€™t fix it, either. Nothing in the code seems to indicate that it should crash, so my situation seems to be an anomaly.

Are you sure itā€™s my pluging? And not something else? Since this doesnā€™t happen for me at all

I suggest you check your logs to see if thereā€™s any information about the crash. They can be found at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs

Late reply, but uninstalling Studio still left remnants in AppData. Deleting those and then reinstalling fixed your plugin and one other.

1 Like

looks really dope iā€™m really loving it

even this late