The Coast Game Feedback

Hi all! I’m @Infinite_Visions, an experienced roblox scripter and developer.

I have recently launched my game The Coast, and I hope to recieve some feedback on it, and some testers. I’ve put a lot of time into it, so your help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

A trailer for the game:

Game Summary

:diving_mask:Civilians - Explore the seas, upgrading boats and living life up. Unfortunately, you aren’t alone. . .
:safety_vest:Coast Guard - Save the Civilians from Sharks, Natural Disasters, and countless other hazards.
:shark:Shark - Terrorize the Coast, causing chaos amongst Civilians. Just watch out for the Coast Guard. . .

Images

You can play the game Here. I would love feedback about gameplay, what you like/don’t like about controls, etc. This game is pc & mobile compatible. Thank you!

5 Likes

The trailer looks a bit low quality. I suggest making an animation trailer. Although the game looks fun! (I thinks it’s inspired by shark bite.)

2 Likes

Sort of? You are a shark and destroy boats. However, it is a roleplay game, with more of an exploration aspect.

I agree. I am working on improving it. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Looks great, but you could try changing up the buildings a bit more. I only see 4-5 different types of buildings, out of the 45 buildings (give or take a few) that are in that city.

2 Likes

Needless to say, I am not a builder. I will work on adding more variety (right now, I am just pushing past the “minimum viable product” stage)

2 Likes

The water and terrain look great. So that is not something I think you need to change (other then expanding it over time if needed).

Thank you! I spent a lot of time getting it right, it means a lot.

1 Like

Update: Fixed the guns, which teleported you to their spots when equipped (they were broken)

Maybe try using more materials in your builds. Using almost purely smooth plastic makes it extremely plain. Otherwise its pretty decent.

1 Like

The entire concept and idea of this trailer is great. I feel like you should add transitions after each clip to make it look less choppy. I also recommend boosting that quality of the video up and probably turning your graphics up to make it look more lively.

Thank you for the feedback! I probably do need to up the video. I plan on remaking it (the transitions are not good, and when I recorded it, I didn’t set the FPS higher than 5).

@ToshiroRaion, you are right, my builds probably need more work. I’m going to improve them, thanks!

1 Like

Update: Fixed a bug with the jetskis, which were allowing you on even if you didn’t own the LifeGuard gamepass. I also fixed a few minor bugs, and completely redid the prompt system (it was a laggy mess before, as it was designed before proximityprompts). It now shouldn’t break :slight_smile:

I also change the cost of every item in-game, to more accurately reflect real-life costs.

You can use “iMovie” they have some good transitions for a free app, and you can also adjust the quality there.

1 Like

I played around for a bit but kept getting stuck after swimming as the transition from sea to beach was too steep for me to getup easily even with jumping. Shooting the weapon seems quite random with it’s direction. Are getting Mouse Position to determine where the shot is fired? Really liked the Shark shop, some cool models in there.

Thank you for your feedback! I will make the transition from beach to water less steep, and improve the weapons.

I updated the guns (they now show parts to visualize where you hit). I am working on the transition between land/sea. I have also added shark animations.