The DevGame Event!

Welcome to the festive season! What’s better than starting up with an amazing GameJam, with 3 rounds!

The DevGame

Round 1 : An open form for the public to sign up with the given topic : CHRISTMAS! Developers can create whatever they wish to over the theme depending upon their respective field of expertise. ONLY 40 of them would be selected for the second round! The selection process would take place in the discord server by the staff team.

The selection and shortlisting process will end on 21st December.

Submissions can be made through this - Google Forms: Sign-in

Do note that only the developers who are available on 22nd December 4pm to 7pm IST are directed to fill the form as they would be given directions to the next stage from discord server if they are selected.

Round 2 : The selected 40 developers would be given a specific asset to RECREATE. The asset would be given with respect to the fields of all selected developers (Builders, Scripters, GFX designers etc) so that the competition remains in the fair level. Half of the developers would be eliminated here.

Round 3 : The finalists would have to pair up with another competitor and form a duo. They would be given a theme before the round starts and will have to make a game in just 1 HOUR. After that, the games would be tested and given a score by our judges! This round would be live on

The winners would be announced at the end and the top 3 duos would be awarded with Roblox Giftcard(s).

So what’s the catch?
Depending upon the number of submissions and the competition of the DevGame, the prize money would start from a base value of $5 and would keep increasing until the final GameJam!

All developers who pass the first round will be sent a digital certificate signed by me and the DevRel events team!

Conclusion :-

We hope that you are going to enjoy our event and have a fun time this holiday season!

Please note that :-

• You need to be atleast 13 years of age to attend the event

• You need to have a discord account and registered in the events server to take part in the DevGame

Server : Ace Events

All the best!

NOTE : The number of developers are subject to change with respect to the total submissions received!

Twitter post : https://twitter.com/AceDevArnav/status/1465940720183877632

25 Likes

The discord link doesn’t work for me. How do I join?

2 Likes

What’s the reward?
Also the logo reminds me of squid game

When do sign ups close? I’d like to know so I know how much time I have to think about it for.

Try to use devforum instead of discord for ur next event

Working well for others, send me a PM and we can work it out via a different link!

Once we enter the 3rd round we would increase the base award ($5 giftcard) with respect to the total number of developers participating!
In layman’s terms, the reward is proportional to the number of participants! (Roblox giftcards only)

:eyes:

You can send your entry by 21st Dec 12pm (IST)!
Its preferable to do so a few days back (15-19th) so we have ample time to message back the shortlisted developers.

DevForum is not a social media, discord is the best bet

If u want social media, why not Instagram?

bro, discord. What’s the problem with it. Instagram is not cool

4 Likes

I thought facebook is better than any social media

You just said Instagram . But if you want a realtime notif discord is best

coding, gaming and communities are all dominated by discord, no other company can do better than discord (except maybe guilded but its not really popular) not to mention anything owned by facebook/meta cant be trusted.

Are there unlimited entries allowed?

We are expecting 1 entry per developer but haven’t limited it just in case someone makes a mistake in the form and wants to re-apply.
In that case, multiple submissions are allowed

Cool event. I also like where the logo inspiration comes from. :smiley:
:+1:

1 Like

Discord here you go

2 Likes