The future of immersive communication on Roblox

this is the problem, it’s can’t be disable. You need to delete roblox app from the phone to no one disturb you.

1 Like

Getting this issue too here. Worked perfectly when Roblox Connect was first made playable, tried rejoining today and getting this issue.

2 Likes

Right. Every tech company, in order to measure up to their competition is trying to do what every other tech company is doing by doing their own version of everything instead of focusing on their strengths.

1 Like

People let’s not forget that Roblox has investors.

Some may like this feature, some think it’s useless, but I think we all forget that Roblox is not just one person or entity and also has many investors.

Some updates and features could be “forced” by other companies that invest a lot of money into Roblox and pay for these things to happen.

A lot of these updates and features are likely being proposed, reviewed, etc by many people, likely have to pass through management and whatnot.

Chances are some Roblox staff (who are also people like us) might not even always agree with every update since they too are on the platform, some of the develop games too.
But I feel like we all don’t always have a choice.

(I’m not an expert, don’t quote me on this, take it with a grain of salt but it’s a thing I’ve learned about huge companies over the years and Roblox is a pretty darn huge and world-wide company with a big platform.
I don’t doubt they have investors and outsiders who want to have a bit of control over the platform as well.)

1 Like

When will you eventually continue developing voice chat? Relocating audio, playing with sound effects, making channels, …

Voice chat is so good, I would see bunch of things to do with it if we actually had the bargain to.

3 Likes

I’m trying to implement it on my game but it doesnt work right from the open sourced connect experience

Hi Viento! It sounds like you might have created a brand new experience. Experiences will need to have been at least a week old in order to access these new set of APIs.

2 Likes

still nobody helped me with this error.

1 Like

@Roblox_HaruHaru With the massive amount of negative feedback received. Has Roblox taken steps to axe the development of this feature or will Roblox turn to its usual ways of ignoring community critique?

I detest seeing resources tied up into the development of hollow, good-for-nothing, metaverseshit like this poor excuse of a feature that is better off on a platform like Twitter or Instagram. In light of my previous comment three months ago, I still recommend firing those who made this feature into a reality.

1 Like

I’m sure the adoption rate of these APIs is abysmal.

Please focus your resources on more important issues like platform stability and moderation.

1 Like

Bit late to this but I’m glad it is safe to download the app again.

Why do people hate this feature? I find it easy to use

It doesn’t work, even on a game that has 1 year

UPDATE: the open source game does not work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.