The game rating system should require feedback to be entered before a player can actually submit their rating

Currently as of January 29, 2022. As a developer, it is impossible to gauge as to why a player disliked my game. Steam sets a good example here, players are able to like or dislike a game, and are able to give a reason as well.

And on top of this, the rating is entirely anonymous, I can go through my favorites right now and dislike every single game for absolutely no reason (even though I like the games!) This is somewhat more understandable, as it protects the voter from potential harassment, but I personally still consider the anonymity an issue, and believe that if players want to write something good or bad about a game, their username should be revealed.

This would give developers a way of curating feedback on platform while also providing players that rate your game an outlet. As Roblox continues to “age up,” I would entirely expect a feature like this to be implemented, as the raw number data that is associated with likes and dislikes is not entirely helpful on its own.

Another issue I have as a developer is that players are able to join and rate your game instantly, players should have to play for a specific amount of time before being able to submit feedback!

59 Likes

Thanks for sharing this Spathi! We’ll pass the feedback to the teams working on game feedback.

30 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.